*editor’s note: wifi has lagged in the last 30 minutes so I apologize for the delay of the updates.*
We’re back. I am in the Grand Ballroom and will be live tweeting the Patient-Centric Design Track which is comprised of the following:
People Are the Product – Matthew Diamanti (10:20 est)
- Right now patient and product are very blurred concepts
- Data profiles are the extension of someone’s identity.
- Who am I? The concept is further complicated online
- Data or reason cannot understand the condition of love
- Empathy is hardwired into us and can be a fantastic motivator.
- Healthcare needs a better concept of the human element.
- You can be a patient’s friend without it impeding the care you give
- My community affects my health
- Patients want a relationship – human to human, NOT human to machine (taps into emotional needs)
Lessons Learned: Building a Patient Focused Health Application & Community – Marston Alfred ( 10:55 est)
- SugarStats – Google analytics for diabetes
- Creating a sharing network for users
- Designing about the primary – diabetes, but also keeping the secondary in mind as well.
- It is key to partner with those who excel at your secondary
- Designing for the semi-technical. Calling them non-technical is not really a fair assessment.
- Video tutorials are a key way of easing adoption
Campaigning for Patients on the Inside: Tips and Techniques for Experience Designers Bridging the Divide – Vincent Matyi (11:25 est)
- Retrospectives, project wrap ups are keys to defining success.
- This leads to continuous improvement.
- Clarify jargon leads to better search results.
- Sometimes design research studies don’t have to be pretty.
- Patients Education sessions – I want in on one of those!
- knowledge from one deliverable feeds another.
Personal Healthcare Strategies: Good for What Ails You – Jerilyn Maclaren-Hall (11:55 est)
- Patients are navigating a lot of people and disciplines.
- Who am I emotionally connected to that I want to connect with.
- Creating such a complicated communication channel destroys the patient/medical experience.
- What is a patient’s support network.
- Medical communication is covered in jargon.
- It may not seem that way, but it pays doctors to keep you healthy, because the less sick you are the cheaper you are to them.
- Healthcare strategists – point person for all your healthcare needs. Like a wedding planner for health 🙂
- Healthcare strategists creates a governance workflow. YAY!
- Patient owned vs Patient centered. Which term implies governance?
Time for lunchy!